In anticipation of the upcoming event on Thursday 31 March 2016 (see below post), here are some interesting links to give a bit of background for the Cuban 'Yes, I Can' Adult Literacy Campaign in Australia:
- The Literacy for Life Foundation is the organisation behind the running of the campaign in Australia. You can visit their website at: http://www.lflf.
- Listen to Professor Jack Beetson speaking on Radio National Breakfast on 24 Feb 2016 at: http://www.abc.net.
au/radionational/programs/ breakfast/inaugural-cuban- awards-celebrates-australians/ 7194700
- Listen to this Green Left Weekly interview with Bob Boughton 27 June 2013 at: https://www.youtube.com/
- Read the article 'From Cuba with love' by Chris Ray, published in the Sydney Morning Herald on 19 July 2014: http://www.smh.com.au/
- Read the article 'Cuba’s program for Aboriginal literacy expands in Australia' by Ron Poulsen and Manuele Lasalo, published in The Militant on 21 Sept 2015: http://www.themilitant.